Friday 24 October 2014

one handed finds


Browsing amongst narrow shelves in a shop trying to spot thrifty gems with one eye and keeping the other eye on a - is he still asleep? - baby in the pram is an acquired skill. So is taking pictures with one hand with a cameraphone while the other hand is holding a suckling baby on the breast.

As I've found out by now, both can be learned, and moreover, can yield good results as the above (one-handedly captured) picture shows. Let me elaborate them then:

The first find my one free hand picked off the thrifty shelves is the little brother of this fat lava vase already in my possession. It's made by Strehla, and as usual it was a steal at a euro.



My enamel collection also received a nice new member - it's in perfect nick although I need to find the time to scrub it clean from the more stubborn stains...it looks like the previous owners were baking in it.


Our 'thumb mug' collection has also been extended - this chunky pair in a super 70's glaze are our new favourites.


And lastly, a board book entitled How the car works. When I spotted it on the shelf among the other used baby books I had a giggle to myself: a book for under-3's about petrol, combustion engines and pistons...? Then I thought why not, it's quirky and I don't really know myself how the car works.

Besides, this board book is unchewed and free of saliva stains or rusk crumbs. Actually it looks unread and the illustrations are gorgeous. I'm sure Jeremy Clarkson would pat me on the back for this purchase for a seven weeks old baby boy.




I'm patting myself on the back right now for typing this post to completion with one hand - while baby is sleeping so nicely in my arm held by the other.

I have plans to go out today to do the grocery shopping and I might pop in to the thrift shop briefly - if baby is happy about it too.

See you next time!

4 comments:

  1. very nice findings aniko!

    p.s. here is my new blog home :)
    http://evdokiatsiligiridou.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have never heard of a "thumb mug" before now... or maybe i haven't been paying close attention. =) but now i see they make perfect sense - what a great cozy way to keep your hands warm while drinking! all great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely enamel bowl, very cute indeed:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...