Wednesday 9 July 2014

mini bunting for a penpal


It fills me with so much good feeling when I find a quick useful way to use up the bits and bobs around the craft table and the home that otherwise would need to go to the bin. It's painful to throw out pieces of nice vintage fabric or good bits of paper - even if in the name of clutter- and hoarding-prevention...

So when I found out that a penpal was also having a baby, I thought I'd make her a little bunting out of the surplus charms and off-cuts of the vintage fabrics that were left over from my baby quilt. I made the little pennants double sided, so she can hang the bunting up not just on the wall but in a window or in a door frame too.

 
It will be sent on its way soon - in an envelope fashioned from the nice thick pages of a graphic design magazine we didn't want knocking around anymore...

Snail mailing and crafty upcycling - a very happy combination in my book!

6 comments:

  1. so lovely gift! nice fabrics!
    and the packaging is very good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Evdokia, that graphics magazine has very good, suitable pages to make envelopes from!

      Delete
  2. Sp pretty! Only yesterday I was thinking of making myself a summer garland :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Claudia! it's a quick and satisfying project :) i can see you crocheting your garland, you are very good with the hook x

      Delete
  3. Oh, I was seeing this and thinking to myself about the decorations I wanted to make for baby and that a garland would be really cute - and now I think I can spy my name there :) I love it already! I was recently thinking about sending you something as well, but now you beat me to it.
    I hope the next nine weeks fly by fast for you - remember, in a maximum of 11 weeks your little one is here! I'm down to 2 and half weeks - I'm getting very impatient, let me tell you ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh you are so close to the big day! well, the bunting might just make it before your baby arrives but maybe she or he will be first :) all the best for the big day and just remember to relax and breath deep! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...