Wednesday 13 March 2013

a lady called Nanny Still

In that first post I showed off some thrifted vintage stickers.


So, those stickers. They are for your jars and freezer containers and were printed by Lindel Helsinki on Avery labels. The illustrations are 70s through and through - just look at that free, sweeping line and those colourways! They are called Hetiketti, which is a play on words in Finnish, meaning instant stickers. And they are a bit special too, because they were designed by Nanny Still.

But who is this lady called Nanny Still? At the time of finding those first labels, I was totally ignorant of Nanny Still's name and her influence in Finnish glass design. Slowly I have been discovering her fame, falling in love with her iconic pieces. But, because I can't really afford glass designed by her, I have been picking up the stickers instead. Which - needless to say - are much more accessible for a gal on a tiny budget.





9 comments:

  1. Such lovely stickers! They look pretty vintage! I would love to stick them on my jars! My favourite preserve is pickled cucumbers! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite preserve is strawberry jam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love making all kinds of jam, this year I definitely want to try elderflower jam and syrup =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These labels are great, I like most the orange finish berry (sorry I forgot the name).

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful colors & illustrations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The vintage labels are great!!! and I especially love the one with berries...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all these beautiful labels...my favorite preserve is strawberry

    ReplyDelete
  8. The labels look so bright and cheerful. My favourite preserve is damson plum.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...