Friday 13 July 2012

hoops & stickers

I've been hankering after some embroidery frames lately. I used to have one but passed it on due to not using it much at the time.

Today I found a big bunch of them in one of the local junk shops. There were all sizes, shapes and colours, and reduced to half price! Even though I wanted to have all of them, I restrained myself and picked just two oval shaped ones in green and blue. They cost me €1.50 each.



I also picked up a couple of packs of vintage jam jar stickers. I liked their retro colours and their style which reminded me of my grandma's larder, childhood summers and bottles of raspberry cordial. There's a pack with fruit (cooking apple, redcurrents and cloudberries) and one with veggies (cauliflower, beans and peas). Aren't they great? They cost €0.80.

<edit 13/01/2013 I discovered that these stickers have been designed by Nanny Still who was an important Finnish glass designer from the 50's to the 80's. I think I'll grab the other sticker designs when I see them next time!>


4 comments:

  1. The stickers are great! The one with the peas looks like the face of cookie monster.
    Greetings from Germany!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's true! It really does look like the cookie monster :) It makes me giggle every time I look at it - I might make a cookie jar and use the sticker for it :)

      I actually found some more stickers of this series in a different junkshop, on a different day, ones for meat. It had pig, duck and moody moose on it.

      Delete
  2. I was going to say the same thing as Steph.....cookie monster it is!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sticker is got to be on a cookie jar! I might make that just for fun :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...